A little update coming out of Holiday Valley from the build efforts overnight. We’ll be cranking away at it tonight- stay tuned for an update in the AM…
Long time friend, and ESL supporter Jeremy Landy has been at it for a while now, cranking out semi regular edits of his adventures, travels, and musings from life in general… Here is his newest offering, featuring various members of the Strap’d Up crew, having some pre-season fun around VT & NH:
Next week we’ll take a closer look at what Strap’d Up is all about, until then enjoy the vids…
So throughout the course of the season , we’ll use this blog to hype people, places, or things that the Eastern Snowboard League is backing. For the first feature, I decided to catch up with Matt Bothfeld (Matty B., Hard Bodies, Bistro’s Bistro etc.) one of the bro’s (er creative visionaries) behind EAST Snowboard Magazine. This project is particularly interesting to me, having grown up reading Eastern Edge, and other similar DIY shred mags. Born from the remnants of ECS, these guys have a full head of steam heading into their first year. With that said, here are a few words from Matt…
What is EAST?
- EAST was an idea that some friends and myself had. After East Coast, left the scene a couple years ago, we all thought that the East was missing their own core snowboard mag. Steez is not cutting it! Our mag is truly going to be EAST coast. Only featuring photo’s, riders, and locations from the East!
Who is EAST?
- Well, there are the big 4 (Greg Furey, Tanner McCarty, Owen Ringwall & myself), but really EAST is a ton of people. In order to do what we want to do, we have people helping us out from NJ, PA, NY, MA, CT, VT, NH, RI & ME!
Where was the idea for EAST born?
- The idea came from long nights up at HCSC (High Cascade Snowboard Camp). We all love snowboarding so much, and we all want to do something in the industry that has a purpose & give back to snowboarding what we’ve got from it. So we created an opportunity for ourselves and made EAST.
There are a lot of blogs, zines, websites, mags etc. out there. What will set EAST apart from the rest
- Well I’d say just the content. We’ve seen a lot of regurgitated information out there, whether it’s edits or content. Both with the Mag and website, we hope to have all original content and just do things a little different. We are also taking a more edgy look into the content, I get a lot of my ideas from Mags like Low Card, the old Eastern Edges and Slap Magazine.
What’s the plan for year one? Number of issues, features, etc?
- I think this year we are going to try and put out 3 issues. As far as features, we are going have some good ass shit! How’s that? (haha)
- Everyone I know, 666, C.P.U, the Devil, Blkbeard and The Word Sauce Nation!
So there you have it, short & sweet: be sure to click through EAST Snowboard Magazine set to drop 12/5/11
We’re back. That’s really all there is to it- the Eastern Snowboard League returns for the 2012 shred season, bringing you the premiere contest series on the East Coast. We’ll once again be bringing you some of the best contest set-ups by some of the best park programs on the east coast. Over the coming days we’ll unveil our evolving sponsor list, spotlighting what each one of our amazing brand partners is bringing to the table. So stay tuned, thanks for the support, and remember, winter will show up one of these days…